Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Potato with mushroom and cheese?

I cooked something yummy last night. I don’t know how to call it. I just thought that I wanted to eat young potatoes with cheese and mushroom. Here’s the ingredients and how I prepared it.

1 tsp butter
3 tsps chopped garlic
1 medium sized white onion, chopped
¼ bar quick melt cheese
½ can cream of mushroom soup
½ cup water

¼ kilo young potatoes

1. Boil the young potatoes.
2. Saute the garlic and onion on the melted butter.
3. Add cream of mushroom soup and water. Leave for a couple of minutes.
4. Add potatoes and cheese.
5. Leave for a few more minutes until mushroom soup is thick.

I served it with fried chicken, rice and iced tea. It was really lip-smacking.... healthy... and not at all expensive.

P.S. Maybe this is not an original recipe. Perhaps someone has already prepared this before. But as I said, I don’t know how to call it. I just imagined the flavour and decided to cook. If anyone knows how this recipe is called, please let me know. So that next time my husband asks, I will not answer potatoes with mushroom and cheese. :-)

4 comments:

dhayveed said...

Wow yummy! :-)

Liz said...

This sounds really yummy! Ako naman I boil it, saute with garlic and butter. Season with salt and pepper then sprinkle with dried basil. That's it! Me side dish na.

I will try your recipe one of these days. TFS! Maybe you'd also like to visit my food blog. :)

Yummy-as-can-be

Alyn said...

Y-U-M-M-Y!!!

sundayitsreginalove said...

parang food network lang ah?

Copyright © 2009 - full time mom - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template