Friday, May 15, 2009

We’re so happy today...

My husband and I got up early excited to see someone who’s going to make life easier for us... someone who will share the weight with us. It’s not a robot, we’re not that rich (yet :-))... We went out to fetch the new “ate” in the house.

She’s young. She’s pretty. She’s always smiling. She plays with our baby.

Since Manang left, we had a hard time. We don’t really need someone in the house to do everything for us because we (my husband and I) are used to doing household chores on our own. But, we have a baby now and he can’t be left playing alone while I cook. We have a baby who can’t be left drenched and freezing for hours while I do the laundry (because he plays with water and pretends he’s also washing the clothes every time he sees me doing the laundry). He can’t always come with me in the CR; not when I’m not giving him a shower.

I remember one of my mentors telling me that I should learn to delegate. I used to think that given enough time, I can do them all by myself. Then I was told that I should delegate and multiply myself. I should ask help with the things that I’m not good at, to have more chance of doing those that I can do best.

Like maybe cook for my husband after a tiring day at work instead of doing the laundry (for almost an entire day while leaving everything else in chaos).

Then I obeyed. And since then, life got less complicated.

How about you, is there anything you need help with? Just ask. Someone out there can do it for you. :-)

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 - full time mom - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template