Friday, June 19, 2009

busy or just plain selfish?

Why is it that there are people who are only interested in what you say if they know there's an ROI? In finance, ROI or return on investment is the ratio of money gained or lost (whether realized or unrealized) on an investment relative to the amount of money invested.

Money, time, cellphone load, ears to listen or shoulders to cry on
are all investments that some people don't give generously unless there's a possible return. There are people who consider his/her interest as the basis for decision making... not whether or not the decision is for the good.

Why did I ask? Because I know a person who gave me a reason to think that he(or she) would only consider spending time in answering my calls if he (or she) expects to need something from me sooner or later.

There are times when I'm not able to spend enough help(money, time, cellphone load, ears to listen or shoulders to cry on) to some people I know. But it is for a reason like I am busy or attending to something more important. But, never because I think I would not benefit from the person who's trying to ask for it in return.

I believe it is not fair when you only talk to people when you are expecting something in return. There's a chance though that he (or she) might be busy when I called... or maybe attending to something more important than what I was going to say.

Makes me think that when I'm unable to help because I'm busy or attending to something very urgent, I should get back and explain to that person, whose call I missed, just to clear things out. I don't like anyone to think that I'm uninterested because there's no ROI. ;-)

No comments:

Copyright © 2009 - full time mom - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template